Week ending 10/07/11
Last week I learned the importance of using all available texture space, especially when developing for iOS. When the texture is going to be displayed at a low resolution making it at a low resolution allows you to see more accurately what the texture will look like on the model when finished.
I managed to produce all the main content we needed in-game last week and re-work it so it optimises texture usage. I also helped out the coding department by creating some new versions of old assets so that they could resolve some problems they had with particle and lighting effects. We also managed to get our game onto an iPad and it is working quite well so soon enough we will have the game ready to be tested for the first time.
Although very busy, I managed to find some time on Friday morning to finish off some UI elements I had created the previous week. This week I’m working with front end UI and an additional game feature which should make game play feel more “fun”.